1. Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
2. List (and upload, if you feel like it) 5 songs that start with that letter.
3. Post that to your journal with these instructions.
I wasn't in an uploading mood, so...
1) Beauty and the Beast - Gaston
2) Final Fantasy 6 - Gau
3) Michael Jackson - Give Into Me
4) Darren Hayes - Good Enough
5) Megumi Hayashibara - Give a Reason
Dang, I have a lot of awesome songs that begin with G. :-( (also-rans were "Go Go Go Joseph" "Going Under" "Go West" and "Go the Distance")
1. Reply to THIS post, and I will select four or five of your userpics that I like.
2. Make a entry and talk about the icons I have chosen.
3. Other people will then comment on your entry and you will do the same as I have done for you.
4. Thus creating a NEVER ENDING of icon squee.
glorious chose the following:
OH RIMMER <3 <3 ^_^ I went on a Red Dwarf icon downloading spree at one point, and I swear most/all of them were Rimmer icons. He just has such a hilarious face. Sadly, most of them never get used (I'm usually too nice to use the "mean" ones like STFU or whatever) so I might cut them to make room for, oh, more Sephiroth icons. ;-)
Well, I couldn't have Red Dwarf/Rimmer icons without a Mr. Flibbles icon, could I? >.>
I could claim that I had some brilliant plan about how I was going to use this icon in specific "I have been naughty" situations but really, I got it because that scene in the MST3K movie was made of LOL and win. Nothing amuses me more than Forrester spanking himself with a clipboard screaming, "NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!" It had to be immortalized. ^^
Srsly. DO THEY?! My time in the fandom, especially the yaoi end, says no way Jose... Seriously, if I see one more, "VINCENT IS UNABLE TO RESTRAIN HIMSELF AND RAPES YUFFIE" or "RENO AND YAZOO MAKE LOVE LOVE LONG TIME," or whatever, I may have to choke a bitch.
LOL, that one's from fandom_wank; I think someone who got wanked came in and flamed the entire comm for being a bunch of "professional virgins", thus spawning the icon. As for making a living from it... well, I'm a professional anime writer, I'd say that's about as "professional virgin" as you get. ;-)
As for gargantsurprise's selections:
LOL, oh MST3K. <3 That was from their treatment of "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank", and yes that was the exact line they used (not the movie, obviously ;-)). I like to use it as my, "I AM ATTEMPTING TO DIET" icon. Unfortunately, I don't diet very often. ;_; Still, it always makes me LOL.
I have an irrational love for the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice, which of course has absolutely nothing to do with Colin Firth!Darcy being the hottest thing in an Aston and leggings. >.> Thus I went on a bit of a PnP icon binge at one point. This one just got picked up because of the awesome juxtaposition of her expression and the line. And let's face it, we've all felt that way sometimes. XD
Hooray old school! Back in the day when all we had was original game canon,
LOL, taking them both at once. This spawned from my very first rant at fanficrants which was pretty much complaining about the lack of Sephiroth het in the fandom (which hasn't changed at all since then, I'm sad to say :-( ). I got a lot of "word" from the comm, and then someone commented that the rant was fuelling their weird urge for Seph/Yunalesca. Needless to say, I was intrigued, and when she started making icons of it, I snagged with wild abandon. Really, they would make a very, very pretty couple. ^^
Snagged from gargantsurprise
Name a character from one of my fandoms and I'll give you:
(a) Three facts about them from my personal canon/fanon;
(b) A reason he/she sucks;
(c) A reason he/she is awesomecakes;
(d) Five things that never happened to that character; and/or
(e) Five people that character never fell in love with and why;
That's it for memes!
EDIT: Wait, one more:
Created by OnePlusYou
... right, diet time I think. >.>
Other than that, things are going well. I had a wonderful visit from Nata recently; she stayed for a week and we did all sorts of awesome stuff like go shopping, go to Playland, etc etc. We also did a lot of movie/series watching:
- Pirates of the Carribbean marathon (well, over several nights) which was lots of fun. I admit I'm beginning to warm up a bit more to the second and third movies, though to me they'll never compare to the sheer fun of the first.
- Full Metal Alchemist marathon. At last, I've seen the series, and I now know what the big deal is (although I also understand why some people hate the last two episodes. WTF indeed.) I really, REALLY enjoyed it, to the point where I didn't want to stop watching it. >.> Part of me would love to get into the fandom/fanfiction for it, but I suspect I'd have the same problem as with the Death Note fandom: too much pairing fic for a fandom I feel RESISTS all pairings (seriously, I get very few shippy vibes from either DN or FMA)
- Iron Man. Totally awesome. But then everyone knew that already. Best line? Tossup between, "That's the way Dad did it, that's the way America does it... and it seems to have worked pretty well so far," and "You've got to admit, you've caught me doing worse."
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Prince Caspian. Meh, it didn't incite strong feelings either way (other than the witch sequence felt pasted on yay). An enjoyable waste of two hours, but not in a hurry to see it again.
Other than that, a good time was had by all. ^^
I really need to get back to my journalling of Egypt, but part of the problem is that I have over a thousand photographs to sift through. >< I should probably just borrow Dad's "best of" collection and post those, it would probably work better. XD
Also, in WoW news, I get to tank Zul'Aman tonight if we can get another healer! Yaaay! Happy!Kael'thas is happy!