I felt in a meme mood, and lo my flist delivers. ^^
1. Reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
2. List (and upload, if you feel like it) 5 songs that start with that letter.
3. Post that to your journal with these instructions.
( This meme was brought to you by glorious and the letter G.Collapse )
1. Reply to THIS post, and I will select four or five of your userpics that I like.
2. Make a entry and talk about the icons I have chosen.
3. Other people will then comment on your entry and you will do the same as I have done for you.
4. Thus creating a NEVER ENDING of icon squee.
( In response to glorious and gargantsurpriseCollapse )
Snagged from gargantsurprise
Name a character from one of my fandoms and I'll give you:
(a) Three facts about them from my personal canon/fanon;
(b) A reason he/she sucks;
(c) A reason he/she is awesomecakes;
(d) Five things that never happened to that character; and/or
(e) Five people that character never fell in love with and why;
That's it for memes!
EDIT: Wait, one more:
Created by OnePlusYou
... right, diet time I think. >.>
Other than that, things are going well. I had a wonderful visit from Nata recently; she stayed for a week and we did all sorts of awesome stuff like go shopping, go to Playland, etc etc. We also did a lot of movie/series watching:
- Pirates of the Carribbean marathon (well, over several nights) which was lots of fun. I admit I'm beginning to warm up a bit more to the second and third movies, though to me they'll never compare to the sheer fun of the first.
- Full Metal Alchemist marathon. At last, I've seen the series, and I now know what the big deal is (although I also understand why some people hate the last two episodes. WTF indeed.) I really, REALLY enjoyed it, to the point where I didn't want to stop watching it. >.> Part of me would love to get into the fandom/fanfiction for it, but I suspect I'd have the same problem as with the Death Note fandom: too much pairing fic for a fandom I feel RESISTS all pairings (seriously, I get very few shippy vibes from either DN or FMA)
- Iron Man. Totally awesome. But then everyone knew that already. Best line? Tossup between, "That's the way Dad did it, that's the way America does it... and it seems to have worked pretty well so far," and "You've got to admit, you've caught me doing worse."
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
BEST TOKYO DISNEY SEA RIDE EVAH Eh, it was all right, better than I expected from George "Gungan/Sand Speech/I Have the High Ground" Lucas. The action sequences were fun (yay for very little CG), and the whole, uh, "supernatural" element was a lot better handled than I expected. Having said that, some of the stuff was just beyond ridiculous (two words: leadlined fridge), and the dialogue wasn't quite as zippy as it was in Raiders or Crusade. Better than Temple, but not quite up to snuff.
- Prince Caspian. Meh, it didn't incite strong feelings either way (other than the witch sequence felt pasted on yay). An enjoyable waste of two hours, but not in a hurry to see it again.
Other than that, a good time was had by all. ^^
I really need to get back to my journalling of Egypt, but part of the problem is that I have over a thousand photographs to sift through. >< I should probably just borrow Dad's "best of" collection and post those, it would probably work better. XD
Also, in WoW news, I get to tank Zul'Aman tonight if we can get another healer! Yaaay! Happy!Kael'thas is happy!